Sun, 22 Oct|
Introduction to Fermentation - Sauerkraut & Kimchi
Join Elle for a tastebud-tingling session to make mouthwatering, gut-friendly ferments for your table.
Time & Location
22 Oct 2023, 10:00 – 13:00
Forest Row, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP, UK
About the event
Sun 22 Oct, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT | Tablehurst Farm Kitchen, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP
Fermentation 101: Sauerkraut & Kimchi
About the event:
Join Elle for a tastebud-tingling session to make gut-friendly ferments for your table and get the scoop on fermentation secrets only given during her workshops. Come and learn how to make sauerkraut and kimchi, bursting with yummy, gut-loving bacteria, in the charming farm kitchen space of Tablehurst Farm, winner of the BBC Food and Farming Awards Best Food Producer 2022.
Perfect opportunity to get your hands fizzing and your crocks bubbling to keep yourself healthy ready for winter.
Take away 1 x 500ml sauerkraut and 1 x 500ml jar of kimchi made by your own fair hands to impress and delight your tastebuds and those of your family and friends.
All organic/biodynamic produce, refreshments and recipe sheets are included in the workshop fee.
Limited places, by prior paid booking only - please book early!
Why not gift this bubbling experience to a friend? Purchase an extra ticket for a buddy or a gift voucher for a loved one!
This workshop is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
(Note: the workshop takes place in a farm kitchen where dairy, meat and poultry food items are prepared).
What's included in the workshop cost:
- Fresh organic/biodynamic produce
- Recipe sheets
- One each of 500ml sauerkraut and kimchi you will have made during the workshop to take away in your jars (or in fermentation-grade, clip-top jars you can purchase at the workshop)
- Refreshments (teas, coffee and filtered water)
What you need to bring:
- chopping board*
- sharp knife
- a bandana or scarf to keep hair out of the way
- two x 500ml glass jars to take away the products you make at the workshop**
- a pair of protective blue nitrile gloves, if sensitive to ginger, chillies, or garlic
What you can purchase at the workshop (please pre-order):
- (*) Acacia hardwood chopping blocks beautifully crafted and sturdy (pre-order here)
- (**) Kilner clip-top jars (pre-order here)
- Fermentation weights (bespoke, food-safe, double-kiln-fired, hand-made by a local master potter) (pre-order here)
Refund Policy for Fermentation Workshops: No refunds given with less than 5 working days’ notice because all fresh produce needs to be ordered in advance. If you cannot make the day due to unforeseen circumstances, a future workshop spot may be made available, as long as we have notice from you before or on the day of the workshop you were due to attend.
Notice on allergens: this workshop takes place in an environment where gluten, dairy and nuts may be prepared. However, this workshop does not include any of the major allergens as listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation:
- Cereals containing gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut and their hybridised strains)
- Crustaceans (e.g. crab, lobster, crayfish, shrimp, prawn)
- Tree Nuts (e.g. Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, brazils, pistachios, macadamias)
- Celery & Celeriac
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphites at concentrations of ten parts per million
- Molluscs (e.g. Mussels, oysters, squid)
Cancellation Policy: As we have to pre-order fresh produce for the workshop participants depending on number of bookings, no refund will be given with less than 5 working days' notice. Please get in touch as a matter of priority to let us know.
In the unlikely event we have to cancel the workshop, a full refund will be given.
Your data: Information you provide when registering will be shared with the workshop organiser (Bubbling Life) and the workshop host (Tablehurst Farm) and may be used and shared by them in accordance with their respective Terms & Privacy Policies.
Saurkraut & Kimchi Workshop
No need to print your ticket - we will have you on a register when you arrive for the workshop£65.00