Sun, 10 Nov|
Medicinal Oxymels & Vinegars
Do it like a grandma! Re-discover and harness the simple, potent benefits of plants and spices for glorious winter health.
Time & Location
10 Nov 2024, 10:00 – 13:00
Tablehurst Farm, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP, UK
About the event
Tablehurst Farm Kitchen, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP
Medicinal Vinegars and Oxymels
We've come full circle... our ancestors' deep knowledge of natural remedies is being rediscovered and appreciated anew.
Especially if you cannot take alcoholic tinctures, this workshop will show you how to extract and preserve the many and varied beneficial medicinal qualities of plants. Recipes for delicate, yet potent home made medicinal vinegars and oxymels will lend you their power and confidence to support your and your family's health. You'll go away with two gorgeous jars of precious herbal gifts you will have manifested during the workshop.
Join Elle for a tastebud-tingling session to make gut-friendly elixirs and get the scoop on fermentation secrets only given during her workshops. Coming from a long line of Greek medicine women, Elle has treasured the traditions handed down from her own great grandmother, rediscovered in long-forgotten, dog-eared, time-stained journal pages.
What's included in the workshop cost:
- Fresh organic/biodynamic produce
- Recipe sheets
- One each of 500ml herbal vinegar and one oxymel you will have made during the workshop to take away in your jars (or in fermentation-grade, clip-top jars you can purchase at the workshop)
- Refreshments (teas, coffee and filtered water)
Very limited spaces so please book early!
Why not gift this bubbling experience to a friend? Purchase an extra ticket for a buddy or a gift voucher for a loved one!
This workshop is suitable for vegetarians.
(Note: the workshop takes place in a farm kitchen where dairy, meat and poultry food items are prepared).
What's included in the workshop fee:
- Fresh organic/biodynamic produce (garlic, fresh and dried herbs and spices, raw apple cider vinegar)
- Recipe sheets
- Refreshments (tea, coffee, herbal teas and filtered water)
What you can bring:
- Your own favourite herbs and spices, as well as your own jars (or purchase jars at the workshop). Please check the allergens list at the bottom of this page to make sure you do not bring any such items to the workshop.
What you need to bring:
- chopping board*
- sharp knife
- a bandana or scarf to keep hair out of the way
- two x 500ml glass jars to take away what you make at the workshop**
- a pair of protective blue nitrile gloves, if sensitive to ginger, chillies, spices or garlic
What you can purchase at the workshop (please pre-order):
- Raw Honey from local producers (pre-order here)
- (*) Acacia hardwood chopping blocks beautifully crafted and sturdy will last you for years (pre-order here)
- (**) Kilner clip-top jars (pre-order here)
- Fermentation weights (soda lime glass, food-safe) (pre-order here)
Notice on allergens: this workshop takes place in an environment where gluten, dairy and nuts may be prepared. However, this workshop does not include any of the major allergens as listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation:
- Cereals containing gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut and their hybridised strains)
- Crustaceans (e.g. crab, lobster, crayfish, shrimp, prawn)
- Tree Nuts (e.g. Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, brazils, pistachios, macadamias)
- Celery & Celeriac
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphites at concentrations of ten parts per million
- Molluscs (e.g. Mussels, oysters, squid)
Refund and Cancellation Policy for Fermentation Workshops: As we have to pre-order fresh produce for the workshop participants, depending on number of bookings, no refund will be given with less than 5 working days' notice. Please get in touch as a matter of priority to let us know. If you cannot make the day due to unforeseen circumstances, a future workshop spot may be made available, as long as we have notice from you before or early on the day of the workshop you were due to attend.
In the unlikely event we have to cancel the workshop, a full refund will be given.
Your data: Information you provide when registering will be shared with the workshop organiser (Bubbling Life) and the workshop host (Tablehurst Farm) and may be used and shared by them in accordance with their respective Terms and Privacy Policies.
- Ticket type
Medicinal Vinegars & Oxymels
No need to print your ticket - we will have you on a register when you arrive for the workshopPrice£68.00