Time & Location
25 Jun 2023, 10:00 – 13:00
Forest Row, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP, UK
About the event
Elle Fox returns to the farm to share her popular Sourdough 101 – failsafe bread making for newbies.
- Workshop fee includes all produce needed for the sourdough, refreshments, and printed recipe sheets to take away. Detailed handouts are sent by email after the workshop.
- Each participant takes away:
- 1 x focaccia loaf ready to bake at home
- 1 x sourdough loaf ready to bake at home
- 150g fresh sourdough starter
- Workshop starts at 10am and finishes at 1pm – 3hrs duration
- Come to the farm kitchen around 10mins before we are due to start to register, settle and have a drink
- Tickets limited to 8 adult participants, sorry no children. [If you are interested in a children’s workshop, we can organise these - please let us know so we can notify you when these are scheduled].
- Teas, coffee and filtered water will be available for the participants
All Participants need to bring their own:
- A hairband, bandana or other means of keeping hair out of the way
- A small bottle of your favourite olive oil
- A container with a leak proof lid to take away your sourdough starter
- A litre size (or larger) container with a tight-fitting lid to take away your focaccia
- A litre size (or larger) container with a tight-fitting lid to take away your loaf
Refund Policy for Fermentation Workshops: No refunds given with less than 5 working days’ notice because fresh produce needs to be ordered in advance. If a participant cannot make the day due to unforeseen circumstances, a future workshop spot may be made available, as long as we have notice they can’t make it before or on the day of the workshop they were due to attend.
Notice on allergens:
This workshop is not suitable for coeliacs or those with allergies to cereals containing gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, Kamut and their hybridised strains).
The workshop takes place in an environment where gluten, dairy and nuts may be prepared. However, the workshop ingredients do not include any of the other 13 major allergens as listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation:
- Crustaceans (e.g. crab, lobster, crayfish, shrimp, prawn)
- Tree Nuts (e.g. Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, brazils, pistachios, macadamias [Queensland nuts])
- Celery and celeriac
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphites at concentrations of ten parts per million
- Molluscs (e.g. Mussels, oysters, squid)
Information about the event participants will be shared with the event organiser for the purpose of event administration and recording attendance.
Sourdough 101 Workshop
There is no need to print your ticket. We will have your name on the register when you arrive.£65.00