Sun, 15 Sept|
Preserving the Harvest
Master the incredibly yummy and healthy art of fermentation with a mouthwatering harvest glut. You will sample wonderful tastes and take away gorgeous ferments made by your own fair hand to surprise and delight everyone - including making your own Master Tonic ready for the upcoming winter.
Time & Location
15 Sept 2024, 10:00 – 13:00
Tablehurst Farm, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP, UK
About the event
T'is the time to be fermenting! Get your hands fizzing and your crocks bubbling to keep yourself healthy ready for winter.
Come and learn how to master the incredibly yummy and healthy art of fermentation preserving the mouthwatering harvest glut. You will sample wonderful tastes and take away gorgeous ferments made by your own fair hand to surprise and delight everyone - including making your own Master Tonic ready for the upcoming winter.
Take away 1 x 500ml of Master Tonic and 1 x 500ml jar of seasonal veggie ferment made by your own fair hand to impress and delight your tastebuds and those of your family and friends.
All organic/biodynamic produce, refreshments and recipe sheets are included in the workshop fee.
Limited places, by prior paid booking only - please book early!
Why not gift this bubbling experience to a friend? Purchase an extra ticket for a buddy or a gift voucher for a loved one!
This workshop is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
(Note: the workshop takes place in a farm kitchen where dairy, meat and poultry food items are prepared).
What you need to bring:
- chopping board*
- sharp knife
- a bandana or scarf to keep hair out of the way
- two x 500ml glass jars to take away the products you make at the workshop**
- a pair of protective blue nitrile gloves, if sensitive to ginger, chillies, or garlic
What you can purchase at the workshop (please pre-order):
- (*) Acacia hardwood chopping blocks beautifully crafted and sturdy (pre-order here)
- (**) Kilner clip-top jars (pre-order here)
- Fermentation weights (bespoke, food-safe, double-kiln-fired, hand-made by a local master potter) (pre-order here)
Notice on allergens: this workshop takes place in an environment where gluten, dairy and nuts may be prepared. However, this workshop does not include any of the major allergens as listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation:
- Cereals containing gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut and their hybridised strains)
- Crustaceans (e.g. crab, lobster, crayfish, shrimp, prawn)
- Tree Nuts (e.g. Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, brazils, pistachios, macadamias)
- Celery & Celeriac
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphites at concentrations of ten parts per million
- Molluscs (e.g. Mussels, oysters, squid)
Refund and Cancellation Policy for Fermentation Workshops: As we have to pre-order fresh produce for the workshop participants, depending on number of bookings, no refund will be given with less than 5 working days' notice. Please get in touch as a matter of priority to let us know. If you cannot make the day due to unforeseen circumstances, a future workshop spot may be made available, as long as we have notice from you before or early on the day of the workshop you were due to attend.
In the unlikely event we have to cancel the workshop, a full refund will be given.
Your data: Information you provide when registering will be shared with the workshop organiser (Bubbling Life) and the workshop host (Tablehurst Farm) and may be used and shared by them in accordance with their respective Terms and Privacy Policies.
- Ticket type
Preserving the Harvest
There is no need to print your ticket. We will have your name on the register when you arrive.Price£68.00